Laird Scranton is our guest this night to discuss his latest book, China's Cosmological Prehistory: The Sophisticated Science Encoded in Civilization's Earliest Symbols. We discuss the knowledge of the ancients, the deep connections in cosmology, creation myths, and science between the Dogon, Chinese, and Buddhist systems. It gets VERY interesting in it's implications...
Laird Scranton is an independent researcher of ancient cosmology and language. His studies in comparative cosmology have served help synchronize aspects of ancient African, Egyptian, Vedic, Chinese, Polynesian and other world cosmologies, and have led to an alternate approach to reading Egyptian hieroglyphic words. His degree is in English from Vassar College.
He became interested in Dogon mythology and symbolism in the early 1990s. He has studied ancient myth, language, and cosmology since 1997 and has been a lecturer at Colgate University. He also appears in John Anthony West’s Magical Egypt DVD series. He lives in Albany, New York. His writings include books and articles published or taught by Colgate University, Temple University and the University of Chicago.
- Decoding Maori Cosmology with Laird Scranton - July 21, 2018
- Seeking the Primordial with Laird Scranton - Part 2 of 2: Dec 30, 2017
- Seeking the Primordial with Laird Scranton - Part 1 of 2: Dec 23, 2017
- Laird Scranton on Skara Brae, the Dogon, Egypt, and more... - December 24, 2016
- John Anthony West and Laird Scranton on Ancient Cultures and Reality - April 28, 2015
- John Anthony West and Laird Scranton on Ancient Cultures and Reality - April 28, 2015 (Mid-Week Podcast)
- Point of Origin by Laird Scranton (2015)
- Laird Scranton on Point of Origin - March 21, 2015
- China's Cosmological Pre-History by Laird Scranton (2014)
- Interview with Laird Scranton, Author of the Velikovsky Heresies - March 2, 2013
- Worlds in Collision by Immanuel Velikovsky (1950)
- The Velikovsky Heresies: Worlds in Collision and Ancient Catastrophes Revisited by Laird Scranton (2012)