Episode 6 tells the true story of P.T. Barnum’s Fiji Cannibals. After being taken from Fiji and exhibited in sideshows and dime museums around the United States, one of these men died in York, Pennsylvania. Newspapers reported that two other “cannibals” attempted to eat his corpse. What really happened?...and where is the Fiji Cannibal’s body? We visit Potter’s Fields, and discuss sideshows, circuses, Circassian women, and more. Our guest is Alison Renner.
If you would like to help us continue to make Strange Familiars, get bonus content, t-shirts, stickers, and more rewards, you can become a patron: http://www.patreon.com/StrangeFamiliars
Episode 3 notes and links:
Matt Deterior: http://mattdeterior.bigcartel.com instagram: @MattDeterior
Strange Familiars is a production of Dark Holler Arts, LLC. Music, art, podcasts, books, and more. http://www.darkhollerarts.com
Intro and background music by Stone Breath – which is our band. You can find more at http://stonebreath.bandcamp.com
The song at the end of this episode is “Song to the Folding Leaves” from the Stone Breath album “Children of Hum“.
- Strange Familiars: Episode 38: Chasing the Elusive Pennsylvania Bigfoot
- The Rabbit Hole Experience with Michael Robartes - September 29, 2018
- Bigfoot in Devil's Creek with Clint Granberry - September 15, 2018
- Kundalini and High Strangeness - September 8, 2018
- WDTRG / Strange Familiars Updates - September 6, 2018