With this book, The Brimstone Deceit: An In-Depth Examination of Supernatural Scents, Otherworldly Odors, and Monstrous Miasmas, Joshua shows himself to be a master of taking something small, completely overlooked, and showing that it actually has a lot to tell us about these phenomena that we categorize as paranormal. First it was food, and this time around, it is all about what scents are attached to various encounters. What he finds is fascinating. There are some very interesting connections across experiences, which suggest many things depending on how you want to look at it. He explores scents reported in Ghost encounters, UFO’s, Bigfoot, as well as various other monster encounters and weird experiences. It’s often something reported just in passing, but he manages to collect a large number of accounts and distill them down to find the commonalities. It’s something entirely new in this field, and that doesn’t happen a lot. Both of his books should be mandatory reading for people exploring these mysteries, as they go into territory never before examined, and show some surprising results.
The Brimstone Deceit by Joshua Cutchin (2016)
Seriah is the host of Where Did the Road Go?
Latest from Seriah Azkath
- Strange Familiars: Episode 8 - Bigfoot Yesterday and Today, part 1
- Gordon White on Pieces of Eight: Part 1 of 2 - May 20, 2017
- Christianity and the Occult - May 19, 2017
- Kate Thorvaldsen and Peter Robbins talk about Kate's Experiences - May 13, 2017
- Strange Familiars: Episode 7 - Spooklights and Headless Ghosts