I have been a fan of Nick Redfern for quite some time now, and in this, his latest book, he does not disappoint. Nick's writing style reminds me of John Keel at times, in the best possible way. He does his research, and when he relays it to the reader, he does so in a fashion that is very engaging. Monster Files, with it's long but appropriate subtitle, is an interesting endeavor. Nick looks at cases where the government has been involved, in one way or another, with monsters. In some cases, the monsters are used as cover, whether it be a 'Yeti Hunter' who may have actually been a spy, or sea serpents meant to scare off the locals from secret research. He investigates strange Bigfoot sightings, and tries to discern if the government knows more than it seems. There are also Big Cats, Wolfmen, Chupacabras, and much, much more. Don't make the mistake of thinking this is just legend telling, Nick uses official documents, newspaper articles, and interviews the witnesses personally where possible.
This is not just another book on Cryptozoology, but if you have studied the subject enough, you will find you know at least parts of some of the cases in this book. You may not know what Nick is able to expand on, however. He covers the experiments various governments did on animals, whether testing for ESP, or attempting to equip poor cats with spying devices. He relates the strange connection between Bigfoot and UFO's, and the rather terrifying creatures that have haunted our skies. He talks of our government creating vampires, and it is not at all what you think. Overall, this was a fantastic read. Nick is a phenomenal writer, and his material is always well researched and well written. This, of course, is no exception!
- Nick Redfern on Ancient Aliens and the RH Negative Factor - November 28, 2015
- Nick Redfern on Bigfoot, UFO Deaths, and more... August 23, 2014
- Close Encounters of the Fatal Kind by Nick Redfern (2014)
- Lizard Man: The True Story of the Bishopville Monster by Lyle Blackburn (2013)
- Strange Intruders by David Weatherly (2013)
- Interview with Nick Redfern about Monster Files, Chupacabra, and Men in Black - September 7, 2013
Latest from Seriah Azkath
- Psychological Terminology and The Paranormal - Part 1: November 17, 2017
- Strange Familiars: Episode 20: Site 7 Experiences, Part 2
- Walter Bosley on The Empire of the Wheel - Part 1 of 2 - November 11, 2017
- Tom DeLonge Roundtable - November 10, 2017
- Personal Paranormal Stories and Travis Walton - November 4, 2017