This is not the review of one book, but of three. There are three volumes of Missing 411; Eastern United States, Western United States, and North America and Beyond. The first two, I believe were released together and were planned as one book, but there was too much information, so it was split in two. The first two were released in 2011, and the third in 2012.
What you have here is both fascinating and deeply disturbing. These are cases of missing people, which span for over 100 years, that have all disappeared in or around National Parks. Now, at first, that may not sound so strange, plenty of people get lost, attacked by wild animals, etc. Sure. These, however, are not those cases. These cases are baffling and perplexing. These people, and a good number of them children, disappear in circumstances that should not have led to a disappearance. People, out of sight for mere moments, never found again. Experienced hunters and hikers who disappear without a trace, or, worse yet, whose bodies are found in inexplicable places. Those found alive, don't seem to be able explain where they have been, and those that can relate something, just add to the mystery.
Make no mistake, David Paulides has fleshed out something that, until now, no one has noticed, no one has taken a serious look at, and if they have, they have not gone public with it. This is important work. And in these books, you will find no speculation, no attempt to wedge in any particular theory. David relates the facts from FOIA documents, newspapers, park records, Police reports, and occasionally those involved.
There are patterns here, and they make no real sense, but yet, there they are. Some examples; children often disappear with their dogs, trained Bloodhounds can't or won't track the victims, bad weather hits the region where the person has disappeared shortly afterwards, there are clusters of people in certain areas, spread out through decades, berries are often a factor (people disappear while picking or near berries, or are found by berry bushes), often people are found without clothing (but not molested in any way), often victims are found near swamps, creeks, or boulder fields, and, people will often be found in an area that has been searched thoroughly just previous to their discovery. In the 100's of cases in these books, you will find these patterns happening again and again. As I said, they make no sense, but this is not hearsay or legends, these are documented cases, with the information being gathered from official sources.
David is a former law office with 20 years of experience. This work is exhaustive and detailed, and put together in a way that defies any simple answers. These books record disappearances that have happened. There is no doubt here, and no easy explanations. The reporting here is done with no bias, just a record of the facts and an attempt to find patterns to these strange events. It's creepy. It's chilling. It makes me think twice about wandering alone in the woods, especially in certain places. It is something that needs more attention. One strange disappearance can be overlooked or explained away. Not three thick books filled with similar disappearances.
You need to read this. I am not sure what we know about our world today, can explain what is happening to the people in these books. Highly recommended and an essential volume of work.
You can find out more at: www.canammissing.com. Do not by the books from Amazon, you will be paying twice as much as you can on David's site.
- David Paulides - Steph Young Drama: Clearing the Air - July 14, 2017
- David Paulides and Steph Young: Clearing the Air - The Verifiable Facts - July 14, 2017
- Into Nowhere with Thomas Spriggs - November 12, 2016
- Interview with David Paulides on Missing 411: Hunters - Part 2 of 2
- Interview with David Paulides on Missing 411: Hunters - Part 1 of 2
- Mid-Week Podcast: Missing 411 and Paranormal Connections... June 8, 2016
- David Paulides on Missing 411: A Sobering Coincidence - Part 2 - September 12, 2015
- David Paulides on Missing 411: A Sobering Coincidence - Part 1 - September 5, 2015
- Missing 411: A Sobering Coincidence by David Paulides (2015)
- David and Ben Paulides on Missing 411 - The Movie (Mid-Week Podcast)
- Steph Young, Author of Something in the Woods is Taking People - February 14, 2015
- David Paulides - Missing 411: The Devil's in the Detail - Part 2 - December 20, 2014
- David Paulides - Missing 411: The Devil's in the Detail - Part 1 - December 15, 2014
- Missing 411: The Devil's in the Details (2014)
- Steve Stockton: Strange Things in the Woods - March 15, 2014
- Mountain of the Dead: The Dyatlov Pass Incident by Keith McCloskey (2013)
- Interview with David Paulides author of Missing 411 - September 21, 2013
- Beyond Area 51 by Mack Maloney (2013)
- Communion by Whitley Strieber (1987)
Latest from Seriah Azkath
- Walter Bosley on Disneyland and Latitude 33 - November 10, 2018
- Fringe News Show - November 9, 2018
- Psychic Research, Out of Body Experiences, and more... November 3, 2018
- Portals, Missing People, and Alternate Reality - October 27, 2018
- Walter Bosley on Government Involvement in UFO Research - October 20, 2018